Slate Roofing Systems in Houston
Slate roofing is the top of the line when it comes to all natural, extremely durable, and energy efficient roofing. Lasting for over a century, slate tiles instantly add market value to a property, are fireproof, waterproof, and are a stunning feature for any home.
Beck Roofing & Restoration has experts in slate roofing to help you with your next renovation. From installation to slate roof repair and everything in between, we’re your local Houston roofers who get the job done right. Professional craftsmanship is necessary for these impressive roofs to live up to their reputation and our roofing specialists are beyond capable of working with them.
Are you interested in a brand new slate roof that will turn heads throughout the neighborhood? Call us today and set up your free consultation with a trusted roofing contractor from Beck Roofing & Restoration.
Benefits of Slate Roofing
Slate tiles are made of stone or rock and have a lot of significant benefits when used as a roofing material. They’re beautiful in appearance, durable, and last for long periods of time. Here’s some of the most common reasons people choose to install slate roofing tiles:
- Longevity – One of the most significant benefits of slate roofing is that they last anywhere from 60 to 150 years. In short, you won’t need to replace slate roofing which makes it rather cost effective if the initial installation pricing is within your budget.
- Appearance – It also looks wonderful and is an all natural material. The dark stone look is a feature of many homes, and since not many people have slate roofing, your home will stand out and look unique. Even further, slate roof tiles offer choices like varying size and thickness, as well as a wide array of color options
- Energy Efficient & Environmentally Friendly – Another massive benefit of hiring slate roofers is that they will make your home super energy efficient. Slate tiles are naturally dark in color and absorb heat when it’s hot outside and releases it when the weather cools off, which will save you tons of money on your energy bills and help to offset the initial cost. Roofing waste, mainly asphalt shingles, accounts for more than 5% of waste in landfills every year. Slate is an easy choice to help with that reduction.
- Fire Resistant – Slate roofing is one of the most fireproof roofs available. Unlike many other roofing materials like asphalt and cedar, slate tiles themselves are completely fire proof.
The Cons of Slate Roofs
The main concern people have when considering a slate roof is the price. Slate roof cost is one of the highest on the market, and it’s not to be taken lightly. On top of the cost of materials, hiring skilled tradespeople to install it properly will cost you even more. Here’s some things to take note of:
- Find a Contractor That Knows Slate – Many roofing contractors have limited knowledge on slate roofs. Unfortunately, many try to install them anyways due to the high profit margins. When hiring a contractor, be sure to get references and ask about their experience.
- Weight – Slate roofing tiles can wiegh over 1,000 pounds per square meaning you’ll need to make sure your home or business structure is sound before installing them.
- Fragile – Slate is extremely fragile and can cause issues for anyone attempting to walk around on the roof. One misstep can cause thousands of dollars of damage in broken tiles.
Slate Roofing Costs in Houston
Weighing the cost vs return on investment is the biggest concern for most homeowners installing slate roofs. Slate roofing tile cost can range anywhere from $2,000 to $4,000 per square, and sometimes up to $8,000 with installation costs. That’s around 4 to 5 times more than the typical roofing material. Obviously, the cost can be justified however since roofs can last up to 5 times longer.
Contact Beck Roofing & Restoration about a Slate Roof Inspection
Whether you’re looking for an upscale original slate roof or less expensive composite slate option, Beck Roofing & Restoration can provide the expertise you need. Contact us today for a free inspection or call us at (281) 762-0856.
Looking for a different type of roof? Learn more about our asphalt shingle roofing services.
Hire A Team of Roofing Experts
You Can Trust